Ace Wheels Shows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ace Wheels Shows

Ace Wheels Shows Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Car tinting rules

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TDIfurby

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Car tinting rules Empty
PostSubject: Car tinting rules   Car tinting rules Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 8:39 pm

Thought it would be good to have some ideas on the laws on tinted windows.

I "think" currently, 70% of light must go through your front windows (i.e forward of the B pillar)
Back to top Go down
localbobby

Male Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Car tinting rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car tinting rules   Car tinting rules Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 8:42 pm

close... 75% of light has to be able to go through the front windows although you got to remember that standard windows have a small tint so 25%tints may take you over...

The windscreen cannot be tinted and the windows behind the b pillar can be as dark as you like...

Break these rules and expect possibly one of the following.. being reported to court, have your vehicle prohibited or have to peel them off at the road side... but always insist they use a light meter before accepting any of these
Back to top Go down
TDIfurby

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Car tinting rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car tinting rules   Car tinting rules Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 12:55 am

Cool. I still thought it was 70%, but they could have changed it.

I won't bother asking about numberplate laws as I've come a cropper on that before and now reckon it's not worth it. (I have a private plate which if spaced right reads something - It doesn't when spaced legally, but I'm beyond caring now)
Back to top Go down
localbobby

Car tinting rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car tinting rules   Car tinting rules Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 3:53 am

TDIfurby wrote:
Cool. I still thought it was 70%, but they could have changed it.

I won't bother asking about numberplate laws as I've come a cropper on that before and now reckon it's not worth it. (I have a private plate which if spaced right reads something - It doesn't when spaced legally, but I'm beyond caring now)

Section 11 The Road Vehicles (Display of Registration Marks) Regulations 2001
(1) No reflex-reflecting material may be applied to any part of a registration plate and the plate must not be treated in such a way that the characters of the registration mark become, or are caused to act as, retroreflective characters.

(2) A registration plate must not be treated in any other way which renders the characters of the registration mark less easily distinguishable to the eye or which would prevent or impair the making of a true photographic image of the plate through the medium of camera and film or any other device.

(3) A registration plate must not be fixed to a vehicle -
(a) by means of a screw, bolt or other fixing device of any type or colour,

(b) by the placing of a screw, bolt or other fixing device in any position, or

(c) in any other manner,

which has the effect of changing the appearance or legibility of any of the characters of the registration mark, which renders the characters of the registration mark less easily distinguishable to the eye or which prevents or impairs the making of a true photographic image of the plate through the medium of camera and film or any other device.
Back to top Go down
sabre

sabre

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-02-21

Car tinting rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car tinting rules   Car tinting rules Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 4:41 pm

Whats the deal with people who have the heavily chopped down plates? I was under the impressions that they were ok if your car is of a certain age. That true?
Back to top Go down
localbobby

Car tinting rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car tinting rules   Car tinting rules Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 7:50 pm

Have a look at the measurements on this page... explains everything

Clicky
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Car tinting rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car tinting rules   Car tinting rules Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Car tinting rules
Page 1 of 1